Advertising campaigns for two Forward Corp. businesses received recognition recently at the 2021 Great Lakes Bay American Advertising Awards Show.
Forward’s creative and digital agency, SOLV Marketing, won five silver Addy Awards for ads and photography used in campaigns for the LumberJack Food and Spirits and Forward C-Stores. The ceremony was held at the Midland Center for the Arts Feb. 26.
“We want to congratulate our friends and partners at SOLV on this fantastic achievement,” said Forward Corp. Marketing Director Jason Wolverton. “They are an incredibly-talented team deserving of this recognition.”
The LumberJack and C-Store ads won silver in the following categories:
- Outdoor Board – Single Unit – “Big Axe Burger” – LumberJack Food and Spirits
- Still Photography – Color Single – “The Lumberjack Burger” – LumberJack Food and Spirits
- Still Photography – Campaign – “Lumber Jack Food & Spirits Menu” – LumberJack Food and Spirits
- Internet Commercial – Single Spot (Any Length) – “Forward Gives You Gas” – Forward C-Stores
- Animation, Special Effects or Motion Graphics – “Arcade Gas Game (Top Down)” – Forward C-Stores
SOLV Marketing won 10 awards in total, including two golds.
“Connection to the audience is the most important part of any marketing campaign,” said Steve Scherzer, SOLV’s owner and chief problem solver. “Forward Corporation and the brands they represent provide that piece that connects. Their commitment to value for their customers contributed to winning this award. ”
The Addy Awards are presented annually by the Great Lakes Bay chapter of the American Advertising Federation and recognize excellence in marketing and advertising throughout the region. Other winners from the show included the United Way of Midland County, the Saginaw Art Museum Temple Theatre, and Saginaw Valley State University.